Recipe from Raw blend
Makes: 2 cups | Serves: 2-4
Ingredients – Zucchini Noodles
- As many Zucchinis as required (sizes vary but usually about 1-2 medium Zucchinis per person) – you can use the 8 in 1 Raw Slicer available from Taylors Healthy Grocers
Ingredients – Kale, Walnut & Chilli Pesto Sauce
- 3/4 cup quality olive oil
- 2 cup kale
- 1 cup basil
- 3/4 cup walnuts (or pine nuts)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- pinch salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 hot birds eye chilli
Ingredients – Plating
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 red onion (finely sliced)
- handful pine nuts
- pepper to taste
Method – Zucchini Noodles
- Use your 8 in 1 Raw Slicer or Vegetable Spiralizer to make Zucchini Pasta.
Note: Peel Zucchinis first for a better presented dish.
Method – Kale, Walnut & Chilli Pesto
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to Variable 7.
- Use tamper really well to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine.
Method – Plating
- Mix the Zucchini pasta, cherry tomatoes and as much pesto as desired and in a large bowl.
- Serve onto plates.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of red onion, pine nuts and a good crack of pepper to taste.